Wednesday, August 23, 2006

"I've never felt this way before" - Ok! Go, 'C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips'

I'm still in a weird euphoric cheerfulness. Does this mean I was sad before? I didn't feel as happy as I have lately, but I didn't feel particularly sad. Maybe it's like a man who's born blind doesn't miss sight. Or maybe I'm being emo and psuedo-deep and I'm just in a particularly perpetual good mood.

Speaking of perpetuality, I miss Athletics Carnivals. (Gosh, I miss lots of things, don't I?) They were so fun. 'Perpetual lunchtime' we called it. Lying the warm sun, talking, playing cards, eating sausages and lollypops, and drinking coke. The sky is brightest blue, the grass most vibrant green, and the air smells like blossoms.

I borrowed a book today. I shouldn't have, I should be reading 'Candide' and 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles', but I'm lending it to my dad before I read it, so I'm forgiven, right? Anyway, it's 'How to Have a Beautiful Mind' by Edward de Bono. As well as being interested in his ideas, he presents them in such an accessible way, it's just lovely to read. He really does have a beautiful mind.

Link for the day: http://www.edwdebono.com/debono/gamesi.htm
Edward de Bono games! Enjoy! Expand your mind!

No comments: