Monday, September 04, 2006

I've decided to make a list of things I know. Proving the existence of the universe and matter itself aside, it has to be like.. facts. Things I believe wholeheartedly.

So far I have:
  • Smoking when pregnant harms your baby
  • If you dump stuff *outside* the charity bins, it doesn't go to charity
  • I think milk infused chai tastes super delicious
  • I think oysters don't taste so delicious
  • I have faith in people to look after each other
I plan to write my list so far in a notebook and keep adding to it. I like things which clarify my thoughts. They may not seem clarified to you, but they're vastly moreso than when they first appear. Now I just need to work on making them cohesive in essays... hmm.

So so super excited about Dresden Dolls ^__^ And there now may be a Chris and a Luci which would be super cool. In a rather drunken state last night Chris seemed very impress with my blog-ful ramblings... Curiouser and curiouser. (In fact, all of last night was lovely, big smooshy thank yous to all ^_^ esp. Lani and Win for cheering mind-clarifying conversations)

So, apparently Play School have been swept up in political correctness, thus missing the niceness of old nursery rhymes. They changed 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' to 'Baa Baa Wool-y Sheep'... May I be the first to say whoop-de-frickin-do? There are far more crazinesses to do with obscene political correctness than a nursery rhyme... Still, black sheep wasn't a racist thing was it? Or did I miss something crucial?

Steve Irwin died. I think that's quite sad. I didn't pay much attention to him, but he just seemed like a really honest person. And he had 3 little kids... Almost makes me cry. I remember how wretchedly upset I was the first night without my dad when my parents split up. I was 5. I can't even begin to imagine what knowing you're never going to see your father again would be like. I remember when I realised that my kitten being run over meant he was really gone forever, it was so heartbreakingly horrible.

I've decided that the most powerful expression of friendship is random drop-everything visits when someone's sad. It just makes you feel so so so loved. Phone conversations are good, but I think when your friend calls you, and is super sad, the bestest thing you can ever do is be like "I'll be there as soon as possible!". Most other things can wait, it's the sort of thing that really cements love.

I realised today, I've been so worried about being stuck between my friends. Like, wanting to get to know new people better, but not being really close to them yet, but in order to do that, it felt like I couldn't help but drift away from my old friends. But I think there's something in so many years of friendship that I didn't count on. You can 'drift apart', and you can get to know new people, and spend less time together, but when you are together, there's still a reason you were friends. Even when you have nothing in common any more, you have experiences, and it's almost as if you get on a sort of wavelength, where you can still connect.

Maybe that makes no sense, but thinking it makes me happy.

Much contemplatively cheerful love,

A girl who knows some stuff for sure.

No comments: